Monday, June 4, 2007

Every New Beginning...


is another beginning's end. I'll be trekking (actually driving, biking, and hiking) through the beautiful and sparsely populated western coast of Ireland from June 8-July 22. My only companion will be a backpack full of nothing more than the bare necessities of life such as a bottle opener, a handgun, a rusty syringe, and duct tape. Oh, and a few nudie magazines. Come here to find the unofficial version of my experiences research-writing for Let's Go Publications.

I've been warned that I will likely run the gamut of human emotions out on the road alone. I am prepared. Along with the important items mentioned above, I am bringing: 1) a picture of an ex-girlfriend to burn in rage; 2) a soft, cuddly puppy; 3) voodoo dolls of my roommates; 4) my blankie; 5) more nudie magazines.

I've been to Ireland once before. I took lots of pictures, but because I will be uploading plenty new ones from this coming summer, I will only post a single photo from my previous trip. Most photos will probably prominently feauture my beautiful smiling face as I roll around in the grass by myself. A few photos might be of actual things I'm doing and places I'm going.

It will be a little odd graduating then immediately hopping on a plane to madly rush around Ireland, but as soon as I get my feet under me and my senses readjusted, I will post regularly. Please respond to my posts or email me at jamesparkersharp@gmail.com. I will indeed get lonely and the more contact of any sort that I get, the more likely it is that I will not resort to using the aforementioned voodoo dolls.

No comments: