Friday, June 22, 2007

Horses!


Beautiful Clifden.

Remember the Belgian dude from the hostel in the last entry? Well I ran into him in Clifden. He was chillin at a café before heading deeper into Connemara. What a true dude. I made about 50 circles around the small town before I felt like I was done with my work. Then I went out to find some of the cool spots around the area. I managed to run into the same Irish guy walking around about 3 or 4 times. He was really nice and we chatted about my trip and he asked me the best points to get nice views in the area. I found a couple. One got me this picture of Clifden with some of the Twelve Bens/Pins in the background. At that spot, I met some friendly wild horses. I was wary at first because they were paired off with mother and child. I moved slowly and walked by the first pair. Then the second pair, a white horse and a little scraggly boy, came trotting up to me. I let them check me out, and then I started petting them on their noses. The big white lady minded her own business and started eating a bunch, but the little one followed me around and rubbed up against me, making sure I gave him some attention. It was really sweet. Birds sang, flowers bloomed, the sun shone, rainbows stretched across the sky, and all was well in Ireland.


It’s my sister’s birthday today. It’s 25, isn’t it? You’re getting old. Because she loves horses so much, I find my experiences today more than fitting.

Day: 14 (2 weeks!)
Guinness: 20 (it’s a grueling pace, but I’m still standing)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG these pictures are SO beautiful! I am SO excited that you are having a great time!